Sign Our Petition
Please sign our petition calling on the UK Government to overhaul the system for developing cancer drugs, so that it focuses on maximising benefits for patients rather than profits.
By signing you help to raise the profile of this issue and encourage those in positions of influence to press for change.
The petition calls on the UK Government to:
- acknowledge the conflicting goals of those developing cancer drugs and those who need them
- better regulate the pharmaceutical industry to protect cancer patients’ interests
- ensure that cancer drug prices reflect costs and the public contribution to their discovery
- find ways to reduce the costs of bringing new cancer drugs to market to ease prices
- publicly fund promising cancer treatments that fail to attract private investment
- work with the World Health Organisation to consider alternative drug development models
- to work with other countries to agree a goal and timeframe to cure the majority of cancers